Friday, February 4, 2011

Me Against Me

This morning I decided to draw two cards and asked this question:

"What should I focus on today?"

Knight of Pentacles and the King of Wands



I actually laughed out loud! The Knight of Pentacles is Air of Earth. Thought manifested in the material realm. The King of Wands is Fire of Fire. Action and enthusiasm as expressed through the will and initiative.

The plodder vs the fiery man of action.

Notice that these two men are facing each other. These two cards are about a showdown!

I have the Sun in Virgo in my natal chart and the planet Saturn is my chart ruler and the strongest planetary influence by far. I am a plodder and the one to call on to perform all those tedious tasks that make life easier but that no one else wants to do. I am naturally all about discipline, attention to detail and nit-picking and I demand only the best out of myself and others. If you are going to do something, do it right! Which usually means MY WAY.

But wait! There is more! I am probably the most impatient person in my entire family. "Chop Chop! Let's move!" is my rallying cry. I not only want the work to be done, I want it done RIGHT NOW and completed as quickly as possible. I have things to do! I have no time to waste on slow pokes, procrastinators or sluggards. I want my Kingdom to run smoothly, efficiently and on time.

The answer to my question is to try my best to blend these two energies. To keep the best of both and to let go of the annoying bits.

Or perhaps it is that only ONE of these energies should be dominant at any one time.

Get my work done, pay attention to detail and keep it slow and easy.

Or bust my arse to get as much done as possible and to heck with how "perfect" the result is. The bed does not have to be made perfectly, it just has to be made. It is okay to vacuum around the middle of the room and dust the viewable surfaces. I can write an email quickly to keep in contact and I don't have to wait until I can word it just the way I want.

So. Slow and easy for today? Or quick and dirty? I have a feeling that these two parts of my personality will always be at odds. Accepting who you are is half the battle.

No comments:

Search This Blog